I have a feeling that these first few days are going to be the hardest. Just knowing I am not supposed to have candy etc makes me want it. Which is just f*cked up. Because I was going to allow myself a binge day when I first got home from the BFs and I ended up not wanting the foods I was going to allow myself. I'm weird.

I did two weight circuit workouts this morning and I plan on going to the gym to do my running on the treadmill since it will be late by the time I get done with dinner and get home.

Today's challenges: the staff lounge is being stocked with a candy bowl of snickers and baby ruth bars (my fave!) among others for "appreciation." Post staff meeting dinner at a local restaurant.

The place is not that great of a restaurant (don't ask me why my stupid boss likes it so much)so while it's not good food, it's not very healthy either. It'd be easy to end up with something really heavy and fattening. I have looked at the menu online and have decided already what I am going to have to keep everything to a minimum...

Side greek salad w/o dressing
Side steamed asparagus and broccoli
Side wild rice pilaf

Now that I have posted it, I am beholden to all of you! : ) In a good way. I need to be held accountable and I really want to do well on this challenge.

I even emailed the person in charge of food for a committee meeting next week - that's the pizza. She's going to get me a cheese-less whole wheat crust veggie pizza! How cool is that? I have a feeling she is very health conscious as well.

Kitty and Almost.Skinny - thanks for the fasting links I will definitely check them out. I'm actually excited about having the fast days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, pizza, candy how I love thee. I totally get you on those junk food sweet urges. The difference is that even though I know how awful it can be I've never once considered giving it up. I just can't!! I've been doing ok at avoiding sweets lately but i love 'em too much. Continued luck with your diet plans.

Anonymous said...

Anytime, if I can help with anything like that just let me know. Its funny like that isn't it, when your mind allows yourself things then your body tells you that you don't want them anyway, listen to it!
All the best with your plan- its sounds great :)

Seeking Something Else said...

Fed Up - I don't want to remove sweets from my life entirely. I want my red vines when I watch TV! and I want a donut once in awhile. But lately, I feel addicted to these and I think the sugar is really negatively affecting me. I've never felt out of control with it before. So I want to remove it for now until I can have it once in awhile.

Almost.Skinny - I know I need to start listening to my body and not force feeding it.

Kitty said...

You are not weird, that is just how the brain works. If you deny your self something it wants it cause it thinks it needs it. And if you tell your self you are allowed something you end up not wanting it cause there are forbidden stuff youd rather have.

I think you are doing great specially considering that you pre decided what youll eat out.

Dw about the cravings, just make sure to remind your self that it is only for 3 weeks and if you want to you can have it later, but you choose not to for now. When you "program" your brain to understand that it is a choice not something you are forcing on your self it gets easier. For me it works to keep reminding my self of that fact over and over and over.

again :) Gl :) x

LilySlim Weight loss tickers