So Thanksgiving is over and had to go back to work it was hard. I gained back my loss in food over the 4 day weekend, but not more, so that's something.


We still don't know if we're going to this swanky charity holiday party in 2 weeks, so I know I should be dieting harder, but I sort of want to give myself a free pass for the Holidays. Well, not free, but a flexible one. Because come the New Year I have to get my act together and lose about 12-15 lbs.

Just before we left for Thanksgiving the BF became the F - as in Fiance.

Yep, he asked me to marry him!! The funny thing is, because of how he phrased it I didn't even realize what he was doing and he had to ask me two more times before I said yes. It was a total shock.

The ring is being made, but since we were seeing all of our family it made a well timed proposal since we got to tell all of our family.  We've told most of our friends, and we'll tell more people in person when we are in Germany. I didn't get to see it yet, but he described it to me and I think it's going to be beautiful. He knows I don't like diamonds, so it's a sapphire.

My ring will look a little bit like this, not pink though and slightly different scroll work.


I'm totally stoked. I've got my wedding planning binder started, and we're going to look for a place to move in together that will accommodate us and my cats.

It's pretty crazy to think, after all my insecurities, he wants to spend the rest of our lives together!

4 comments:

Kitty said...

OMG!!!!!!
Congratulation :) your fiancé is one lucky man who gets to spend his life with an amazing and beautiful person like you :)
GL with the move, wedding plans and the vacay :)

So happy for you hon , will you post a picture of the ring when it's done? B

Seeking Something Else said...

Thanks Kitty! I am pretty happy about it. I might post the ring for a little bit. I don't know why I am paranoid about people knowing I write this blog - I'm not even on often :)

Miranda said...

Congrats!! Hope this gives you more confidence in your relationship. What a great Christmas present!! I'm back at work after vacay today too. It sucks!!

désespérée de maigrir said...

Huge congratulations! Hooray for foreign fiancés :)

Ride this cloud of happiness through the holiday season, my dear!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers