This has nothing to do with anything but I am excited about. I don't want to put it on Facebook because people will be all "what the hell is she doing with her time." And the boyfriend will know I am back to staying up way too late and sleeping in...
Anyway... my first DIY gradient manicure!
Please excuse the TERRIBLE photos - the lighting in my apartment is crap and it's the middle of the night so no natural light available and I used my phone...so, yeah.
The edges need to be cleaned up a little - or I need to practice
I used the technique in this tutorial HERE to do it (though that's not the page I read at work, I can't find the one I looked at.) The only difference is that my base coat is a not pictured really light pink, but I didn't get the spacing right to show it when I sued the sponge. Also, I had no problems with my sponge disintegrating (but I used a very slightly wet kitchen sponge not a make up sponge) and I got better results after the first couple of nails. I actually thing my right hand looks better because I did it second.
Anyway super easy to do and I think I am going to try it with my gel polishes at some point too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Very cool! They look good. I need to pay more attention to my nails. Mine look awful!
Thanks Miranda! It's totally a procrastination technique. But I do wish I'd do my nails on a more regular basis. My gel manicure supplies cost enough, I really should use them more.
ooh that looks soo good! .. I really should either get or give my self a mani/pedi soon :S
PS: I love the color combo!
Thanks Kitty! I wasn't sure at first about the pink/orange, but I like it. I think it looks very "spring" which is almost here! It's sunny even if it's not warm yet.
Post a Comment