So I was thinking alot this evening about my February resolutions. I had set them at the end of December (well, it was make the bed and no pastries) but looking at what I really want out of 2013 and prioritizing what I really want. I realize that yes having a clean, tidy home is on my list, right now getting a new job, and not procrastinating, and being motivated about it is higher on the list of priorities. I really need to make the first external habit. I really think if I can take more pride in that aspect of my life it will be easier to take pride in the rest.
So my good habit is going to be to "Work from Home" every day, not obviously on anything from my paying job, they pay me hourly to be there at work. But on my freelance stuff, on job applications, anything that will move toward getting a new job/career that I want.  And when I say "from home" it could really be anywhere, just that it's extra work not my "real" paying job type of work.





As for a bad habit to eliminate (procrastination is too huge and virtually impossible to eliminate) I do want it to be diet related since I really want to lose this stupid weight and generally clean up my eating habits. I am thinking that I have a bigger problem than just fries and that's convenience food. Since living on my own I go through these bouts of being really good cooking my meals and eating whole foods, with buying boxes of fake meat products and fries or frozen pizzas or microwave dinners. And I'm not judging people if they eat that way, but for me it's like having crack in the house. If the box says there are 3 1/2 servings in it then that box is empty on day 3.  I just can't have the stuff in my house.

So I am toying with the idea of eliminating everything that comes out of a box or a bag with a few exceptions, like frozen fruit and veg, natural peanut butter, and bread (well, the loaf of bread I am half way through now), spices, dried pasta and rice, basically anything that I am buying in it's natural form would be okay. I'd need to figure out what that means for candy - like a square of dark chocolate is okay, but a snickers isn't because one is closer it's natural state than the other.  It'll be hard I think, but it might be the best way to go right now.


2 comments:

Miranda said...

Oh btw...I LOVE fries. I'm pretty good about not ordering them if we go out etc so I rarely get them but I love em. Good luck with working towards your goal of a new job.

Anonymous said...

Your food goal sounds like a great idea to me. I hope it goes well! :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers