So, there is this "fast food" (think Chipotle, but not so many of them) Middle Eastern restaurant downtown where my BF works.  We love it.  Oddly enough we found it separately on our lunch hours after moving here. I love middle eastern food and this place does it fast and oh, so tasty. They have limited options so it's not like I can get a moujadara pita, which is my favorite. My last apartment had the best middle eastern family owned restaurant about 2 blocks away. I'm lucky I didn't get fat going there because they had the best moujadara and best falafal and best fatoush. They even made a falafal burger, YUM.

Anway, the BF is actually in town working this week winding down a project and he was pretty bored so I asked to meet him for lunch. Normally when we go to this restaurant I get the falafal in a flat bread smothered in humus and tahini, with cabbage, tomatoes, and onion. But I was trying to be good so instead I got a salad, well, all the same toppings are available and since their is no space limiting bread, I pretty much got all of them. And to top it off it comes with a side of pita bread.

To be fair I had skipped breakfast today. I woke up late, worked out, cleaned up and went to meet the BF so I was pretty hungry. But I knew sitting down to this salad that it was calorie overload. I didn't eat the pita and I stopped my self a little more than half way through the plate. Then I go a to-go box and took the rest home, including the pita. Since I knew dressed salad wouldn't keep I brought it to work for my dinner.

With Pita
With out pita

I know for next time what not to add to get the calories down to 631 and 4g Fat. Though looking at all of the sodium I am glad that we don't go there too often. With an apple, and only 1 chocolate malt ball. I made it under my 1000 calorie NET allowance today. And I am still totally stuffed.

I am sure that I won't weigh less tomorrow because of the stupid sodium, though I did today and I really thought I blew it yesterday. There were a ton of treats in the break room that I gave in too and free popcorn in the lobby.  Even so, with the weight loss I feel like I am finally back on track. Tomorrow should be good as I am volunteering a good chunk of the day, then I just got to be good on the weekend.

1 comments:

Kitty said...

oh wow... For some reason - in my head.. 1k calories for a hamburger would be OK -but not for a salad.. Sick right??? ....

That goes hand in hand with how wrong I can be about food...

LilySlim Weight loss tickers