There were a number of other problems with this weekend though.
- First - the project that I was supposed to be working on diligently in between dancing did not materialize. It will, but it wasn't in time to work on it this weekend.
- Second - I only went out dancing once this weekend. I was going to go Sat and Sun, but I decided the long drive was not worth it on Sunday and stayed home watching Fringe and doing laundry. There was food at the dance too, which I wasn't expecting and I ended up eating some cheese and crackers and a cookie.
- Third - there was still some left over junk in my house in the form of tortilla chips, and ice cream which I finished off.
- Fourth - I have a boyfriend that likes to eat out. We ended up with two breakfasts out. Which meant that I had french toast and pancakes this weekend.
- Fifth - I made pizza at home. Yep, I have perfected my whole wheat pizza crust recipe and baking time. It is DELISH!
The upside of the weekend was yesterday when I did make pizza dough, I divided the dough into 6 instead of 4 like normal. It made an incredibly small pizza. I did the math on the calories of the pizza I made and it was 450. It's a bit much, most of it is the crust at 270 (I rounded up from 266.66repeating). The plus side is that when I divided it into 4 my crust alone was 400 calories and was usually too big for me to finish - though I would and be stuffed. This way I get what I want and it's not as bad for me.
I am also not sick anymore so I have started my exercise routine again. For the next few weeks I am going to focus on Cardio with weights in the AM when I do my 30 day shred. I really need to move some of this flab. I will work on the muscle mass after my dance comp.
I have re-calculated my calories. I think part of my weekend problem is restricting too much, so when I didn't have the structure of work and a packed lunch I would binge. I got to my totals using the Harris Benedict Equation. Basically you find your BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) then use the equation to figure out your daily caloric needs to maintain or lose weight. I went with a BMR of 1300. I'm 5'3 and I want to be 110 lbs so that's what I put into the calculator (it came to 1338 or something weird). Working out 5x week it says I should have 2015 calories to maintain, but I want to lose weight so -500 a day for 1lb a week. Is 1500 calories a day. This is total intake, not net. This is 10400 a week so I distributed my calories for the week out with high days and low days to keep my metabolism guessing.
I know that seems like a lot, but when I work out during the week I easily burn 600-800 calories, sometimes I've gotten to -1000. So, I should still be getting an intake of less than 1000 calories 5 days a week. And if I focus on cardio right now, I shouldn't put on too much muscle weight, which I think may be throwing off the scale right now. I know my clothes are loser, but the scale is climbing.
I also figure this way I'll be more likely to stick to my plans on weekends because I know that I am eating and not restricting myself. I've also gone higher on the weekends and lower on Monday and Tuesday, since it seems like that's my pattern anyway. I will try not to fall below my calorie allowance by more 100, but I won't eat after 9pm either.
The next three weeks will look like:
M 1400 (at least -600)
T 1200 (no workout)
W 1500 (at least -600)
Th 1600 (at least - 250)
F 1500 (at least -600)
Sa 1700 (at least -600)
Su 1500 (at least -600)
After three weeks I will be through my dance competition and I can re-evaluate then.
If this works, me, 3 weeks from today:
3 comments:
This is a good plan. Calorie zig zagging worked really well for me when I first started losing weight.
~MLM
that sounds like a good and solid plan. i'll be watching to see if it works and then perhaps jump on your band wagon :) i like that you're being realistic with your numbers including the weekends. good luck!!!
Thanks guys. I've heard that changing up the calories, but still aiming for the 3500 deficit for -1 lb, helps your metabolism so it never feels like it's starving which makes your body hang on to fat to see you through the lean times. Saturday and Sunday will be the true test of my plan.
Post a Comment